Kids:
Brynn is sassy. A couple weeks ago we were taking a walk, I trip a little and she says, "Mom, is it the first day with your new feet?". I wasn' t sure if should've laughed or given her the "naughty shaking finger" that mom's are supposed to do! And she also recently said she wants her hair cut like daddy and that she really wants to learn how to drive a car.
(This is Brynn reacting after Spencer threw a screwdriver and it hit her foot... oops, I guess I couldn't see the screwdriver when I was holding a camera up to my face!)Spencer is a maniac. He's climbing on EVERYTHING. Chairs, people, our kitty, stairs, tables... And he loves to blow raspberries on our legs and arms and necks. It's hilarious.


Here he's learning (but doesn't really care about) the consequences of going down head first on a slide.Other parts of life:
I'm excited for the 2nd annual Stark golf tourney this weekend! I just wish all of the holes were like this...

What else... I wish we could just vote tomorrow and get it over with. I'm so sick of the negative TV ads for everyone. It's disturbing to think about how much money is spent on these campaigns! Oh and here's something funny that someone passed along today...

Brynn & Brad are going camping at Gooseberry Falls next week during the school break. I'm jealous b/c I think this is one of the most perfect times of year to go camping. Cool nights, few bugs & even fewer people. I'm also envious b/c I haven't been camping for over a year. :(
Brad and I went to a Twins game the other week. It was the really bad one where they lost 8-1 (against the Royals I think). The best part of the game was that we found out the next day that Brad's dad was in the upper deck just above us and my sister and her family were one section over in the same row as us. And we never saw them!

I also have to share some news from our former life in New England. We found out yesterday from a friend that the school that Brad worked at is condemned! It's only 17 years old and the roof is so faulty that they had to close it down. Most of the 300 kids are now being taught at the Armory. It's going to cost almost $2M to fix and they have no money. That area is considered very low income & so their taxpayers are probably not going to be able to help much. It's a sad state of affairs when our schools don't have the money to maintain their buildings and give our kids a decent (much less above average) education. And then compare our teachers salaries and that of the entertainers in our world and I begin to wonder where our priorities are. Give teachers the resources they need so that our kids can help give this nation and the rest of world a shot at surviving. Water shortages, over population, climate change... serious things that we (in small part) and our kids (in large part) are going to have to deal with! There are old, outdated computers in our schools and teachers who are using the same curriculum for 20+ years and yet some actors make millions on one movie and the Yankees pay their baseball players upwards of $207 million!. I just don't get it.
Okay, sorry.... blogging isn't supposed to be my soapbox. I just can't help it - I get so upset about it all & now I'm worried that this presidential campaign will produce our 3rd Bush presidential term. Just more for a middle-America, picket fence, 2.5 kids mom to worry about. :) Okay, really I'm stopping now. I promise my next post will be way more positive. Grazie for listening...