3.09.2009

Brad in the Great Northwest

So Brad went to visit his brother Bubba a couple weeks ago in Oregon. Of course the week that he's gone a lot of things that don't normally happen did... Brynn peeing in our bed and staining the new mattress, one of credit cards was "compromised", it snowed twice so I had to shovel it all myself (I know, boohoo) and last but not least, Spencer was sick so I had to pick him up from daycare not one, but TWO days (which has only happened like one other time in the past year). On top of that I had a big proposal due at work. What a week! So enough complaining, we're back to "normal" life and I wanted to share a few of the photos from his adventures in the great northwest...

(And a cute one of Spencer.)

Brad & Bubs at Mount St. Helens.

Seattle skyline with the Space Needle.

At the Public Market Center, famous for the Pike's Place fish guys.

Enjoying a boat ride and brew (one of many I'm sure) on the Puget Sound.

Some sort of squid type thing at the Seattle Aquarium.

Brad stayed in a yert in Nehalem Bay State Park for a couple nights, a short walk to the Pacific Coast.

Brad's first visit to the Pacific Ocean, 25 degrees with 30 MPH winds. Sunscreen anyone?

He didn't go to Astoria (which is nearby) but I swear this is the exact scene from Goonies!

Skiing/boarding on Mt Hood with cousin Louie & Bubba.

One the impassible roads they discovered, with 8+ foot high snow piles!

I guess I have my own Ansel here at home. Amazing.

And best for last... cutie patootie Spencer decided he needed to eat his graham cracker on the bottom step the other day. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, so I hadn't looked at your blog in a while and I pretty much died laughing. Thanks for the smiles. It makes me miss you guys even more. I loved Brynn's Brad face at the gymnastics tourney. Spence on the steps - he's getting tall and thin! I also loved that Marcie misinforms your children about most things! :) Love ya! ~Ria